Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Perfect Gift

Every morning when I brush Emma's teeth, we have a little tradition. She has a little step stool in front of the bathroom sink she stands on so she can reach the sink. When she steps up on it, she is closer to my height, so she always wraps her arms around me for a nice big hug before we start.

This morning, in the middle of our warm embrace, she pulled back and looked me in the eyes. With all sincerity she said, "mama, I'm so happy." I was totally taken by surprise, and curious about what she would say, I asked,"Why?" Her exact words were, "because mama is so happy for me." I know she may not have been totally able to express exactly what she wanted to in english, but I caught her drift. I fought back tears as I brushed her teeth.

I've been trying to figure out over the last few weeks what I would like for Christmas. This morning I came to the realization that I already have everything I could ever want. :)

1 comment:

  1. Tara, your post today brought tears to my eyes. Children really are the best gift in the world! :)

    ReplyDelete