Friday, August 8, 2008

Last Post From Ukraine

This is the last time we will be online before we leave. Don't worry. Many of you have been requesting that we continue the blog when we get home...of course we will. We need to put some pictures of Emma on when we get home.

It's hard to believe we're leaving in the morning. It hasn't quite sunk in yet. We've been here for so long, it feels like we live here. It's the strangest feeling which I don't expect anyone at home would understand, but Terry feels the same way, so I know I'm not going crazy!

God gave us a beautiful final day here in Kiev. The weather was perfect and we got to do some last minute souvinir shopping. Unfortunately, purchases were very small due to the lack of cash flow after living here for so long, but we were able to pick up some keepsakes for Emma when she gets older.

Today we took our last underground train ride, took our last walk for a meal, ate our last authentic ukrainian perogies (which are yummy, by the way) We took our last walk through independence square. There is a big, beautiful church there with many gold domes on top. When the sun hits it just right, it is absolutely beautiful. It is one of the very few things I will miss about this country.

This whole experience is definitely the hardest thing we've ever been through. For me, there have been many tears, but also many happy memories. For any of you out there who ever think adoption is the easy way out, think again. And just a warning, if someone tells me that to my face, I might break your knee caps!!! LOL!!!!:):)

Jen, I have to apologize, I didn't find any crab chips here in Kiev. They seem to only be in Donetsk, and I wasn't about to take another 12 hour train ride to taste them. Maybe next time...not!

Well, nothing left to do for us now except walk back to our apartment, finish watching our movie and go to bed.....and then wake up and leave :):):) We are so excited to see our family and friends at the airport. Just a warning, though. All three of us might be bawling our eyes out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment