Monday, March 16, 2009

Kid's Say the Darndest Things!

One of things I enjoy most about adopting from another country is hearing Emma learn a new language. Really, it's almost like having a baby and having them learn their first words....all very exciting. Sure, the language barrier was one of the hardest things to deal with when we got home, but it didn't take long for us to be able to communicate with eachother.

There are just a few things that have come out of Emma's mouth that stick out in my mind and make me smile. Hence, this blog entry, so I never forget these little things!

A few of weeks ago, we were checking out all the puppies at the pet store. (A MUST if we happen to be walking by!) Terry decided he wanted to check out all the boring stuff too....fish, reptiles, etc. As we were walking through the reptile room, there was a staff member walking around with a snake wrapped around his arm to show people passing by. I was surprised to see Emma's reaction....completely terrified. She jumped into my arms and wanted out of there immeditately. I had to walk by the employee with the snake to get out of the room. Emma's grip got tighter and her eyes filled with tears as she said, "It's gonna eat me!" :)

Emma was very sick a couple weeks ago and missed a whole week of school. As she started to get better and her sinuses began to unclog, she was blowing her nose constantly. Her nose got very dry which caused a little bleeding here and there. Once, after blowing her nose, she brought me the kleenex to show me the evidence of this (little red spots). She held it up to my face and said, "Mommy, my boogies is bleedin." :)

Last night after supper, Terry was rubbing his belly explaining how full he was. Emma came up and gave him a few slaps on the stomach and exclaimed, "Daddy, your belly is growin!" :)

This morning I asked Emma why she kept repeatedly rubbing her eye. Her answer: "I have a krusty in there!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment