Wednesday, November 12, 2008

First School Picture



I was quite happy to see that Emma's school pictures turned out so well, considering they were taken back in September when she absolutely hated getting her picture taken. Isn't she just beautiful? I have no idea how the picture people got her to pose and smile, but I am impressed. I'm a little bummed she didn't show her full toothed smile, but at the same time I'm glad it's not a picture of the back of her head, which is about all I could get at that time!

Speaking of school, things are going well. Every morning Emma tells me that she will listen to her teacher and that there will be no pushing other kids. I've been following up with the teacher to ensure that Emma is behaving the way she should be and asked her to let me know if Emma requires any follow up discipline at home. This has only been required once. I think Emma now realizes that she can't get away with stuff now that we're checking up on her. Teacher gives her a sticker at the end of the day if she has been good. Emma's sticker collection is getting quite large as this is her reward at home for doing a good job as well. It seems to be a very good motivator.

Report cards will be coming home next week. I'm a little interested to see what Emma's will say...not too sure how they're going to grade her. "Technically" she is failing at everything, but obviously there are special circumstances surrounding this. Sometimes I get a little panicky when letters get sent home with Emma. Teacher sends home a list of current spelling words, or a letter stating that the grade ones will be starting adding and subtracting up to twelve. Pretty scary when Emma doesn't even recognize letters or numbers!!! OK....just breathe..... I have to keep reminding myself of how fars she's come and that she's still young and has time to catch up. Her fine motor skills are improving drastically, but she still has a long way to go!

We've decided to start Emma in some dance lessons. Not too sure what kind or where. I just know that there is some true talent there that is just waiting to come out. She is such a little performer...I can see it being a part of her future. Some of her dance moves surprise us...and she follows music very well for her age. Her timing and rythym are near perfect!

Well, that's the three month update. I can't believe we've been home three months already! It's gone by so fast! The changes we've seen are remarkable. I'm excited to see what the next three months will bring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment